Our ERT course can be taken as a stand-alone course for Sterile Processing Techs that want another certification under their belt or as a complement to our SPD Tech certification program.
Starting Fall 2021, we will waive the $250 registration fee when you co-enroll in our SPD Tech program!
Enrollment Cost: $400.50 (or $150.50 with SPD)
Total Program Cost: $950.50 ( or $700.50 with SPD)
Externship Cost: ERT Externships are not available. Externships for this program must be done through the SPD course.
What is an Endoscope Reprocessing Technician?
Endoscope reprocessing technicians sterilize, care for, and maintain different types of endoscopes. They are typically Sterile Processing Technicians that have been specially trained to handle endoscopes. This additional training is necessary as endoscopes have many openings, channels, and components not usually found on more simple medical instruments like scissors and retractors.
An endoscope reprocessing technician manually cleans, disinfects, and stores these endoscopic instruments within the standards and protocols set by the manufacturer and the healthcare facility.
Are ERTs in demand?
The demand for Endoscope Reprocessing Technicians is growing with the demand for minimally invasive procedures like hysteroscopies, colonoscopies, and bronchoscopies. Computer-assisted surgeries that use scopes are also growing in popularity and with this growth comes the need for more people to sterilize and maintain those scopes.
ERTs are usually Sterile Processing Technicians who use their certification to negotiate higher salaries than those without the ERT certification. Endoscope Reprocessing Techs make about $35,000 to $40,000 per year.
SPD + ERT Promotion
Starting Fall 2021, we’ll waive your ERT Registration fee when you co-enroll in SPD. Combined with our Option 1 discount, you could save up to $545.00 while boosting your earning potential and making yourself more attractive to employers.
The ERT certification in addition to our SPD program gives you a head start in the field. SPD Techs that earn ERT certifications open themselves to greater job opportunities, stand out to employers during the hiring process, and can negotiate better salaries than SPD Techs without it.
Our course is a 30-hour combined didactic (classroom) and hands-on (laboratory with endoscopes) hospital-based ( theory and experience) instruction. It is taught by an experienced hospitalist who has worked and managed the sterile processing department for more than 20 years.
The class curriculum is based on the guidelines set by the Certification Board of Sterile Processing and Distribution, Inc or CBSPD, which the ONLY independent and international certification board for Endoscope Reprocessing Certification that is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies or NCCA. Completion of the course makes one eligible to take the national certification board examination administered by CBSPD.
- Rules, Regulations and Safety
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Infection Prevention
- Medical Terminology and Medical Procedures Involving Endoscopes
- Workplace Design and Employee Safety in Endoscope Reprocessing
- High Level Disinfection
- Processing Flexible Gastrointestinal Endoscopes and Bronchoscopes
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have at least a High School Diploma or GED.
Associate’s Degrees, Bachelor’s Degrees, Master’s degrees, etc. all accepted!
- Medical experience/background preferred but not mandatory
- Valid Government Issued Picture ID
- Proof of meeting the above education requirements
Our ERT course is a great complement to our SPD course. It gives you an edge in interviews, creates more opportunities, and boosts your earning potential!
SPD + ERT Promotion – Save $250! We’ll waive the ERT registration fee when you enroll in both SPD and ERT programs.
Take advantage of our easy payment plans! We offer multiple flexible payment options that work to fit your budget. If none of our plans work for you, we’d be happy to create a custom payment plan with you. If a special payment plan interests you, please call our office during operating hours or send us a message here.
|Manual and Materials||$150.00||Non-Refundable once ordered|
|Tuition||$550.00||Refundable (Rules & Procedures Below)|
|Student Tuition Recovery Fund Fee||$0.50||Non-Refundable ($0.50 for every $1,000 rounded to the nearest $1,000)|
|Externship Fee (Optional)||$600.00||Non-Refundable|
|ESTIMATED DUE FOR THE ENTIRE PROGRAM||$1,550.50|
|TOTAL CHARGES FOR CURRENT PERIOD OF ATTENDANCE||$950.50|
|CHARGES DUE UPON ENROLLMENT||$400.50|
*YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS AMOUNT. IF YOU GET A STUDENT LOAN, YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REPAYING THE LOAN AMOUNT PLUS ANY INTEREST, LESS THE AMOUNT OF ANY REFUND.
Total Enrollment Cost: $401.50
All payment plans below do not include registration and manual fee. The payment plans are based on the tuition rate of $550.00
Option #1: Full payment entitles students to a 10% discount on all charges, not including book fees and registration. ($495.00)
Option #2: Make two payments of $275 each.
**All financial obligations must be met prior to completion of the program. Failure to settle balance owed will result in the student being dropped from the class or delay in the release of the Certificate of Completion.
**Late payment fee of $20 applies each time a payment is past due. A grace period of 7 days will be given after which the late fee shall be added to the amount due. Upon the conclusion of the program, a penalty of $100 shall be added to an account past due for every 30-day period and will be placed for collection after 90 days.
**It is the sole responsibility of the student or responsible party to ensure that payments are posted prior to the deadline.
Payment shall be made in cash, money order or credit/debit card.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover & Paypal
Altamont Healthcare is a cashless business.
Winter 2021 Term
We are offering 2 ERT classes in Winter 2021: Night Class (MTTh) and Weekend Class (FS).
Weekend Class Details:
- Start: January 21, 2022
- End: January 29, 2022
- Friday from 8 AM to 1 PM; Saturday from 8 AM to 1 PM
- 13 hours/weekend for 2 weekends.
- Orientation Date: Friday, October 29, 2021 @ 10 AM
- Payment Due on 1/21/22
Night Class Details:
- Start: January 17, 2022
- End: January 27, 2022
- Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday from 5:30 PM to 10:30 PM
- 15 hours/week for 2 weeks
- Orientation Date: Monday, November 8, 2021 @ 5:30 PM
- Payment Due on 1/17/22
Fall 2021 Term
Weekend Class: October 1 – October 15, 2021
- Friday from 8:00 am- 1:00 pm, Saturday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Orientation: July 30, 2021 @ 10:00 am
- Payment due: 10/1/21
Night Class: October 5 – October 18, 2021
- Monday, Tuesday & Thursday from 5:30 pm – 10:30 pm
- Orientation: August 16, 2021 @ 5:30 pm
- Payment due: 10/5/21
Day Class: October 5 – October 21, 2021
- Tuesday and Thursday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
- Orientation: August 16, 2021 @ 10:00 am
- Payment due: 10/5/21
Summer 2021 Term
Day Class: Monday & Wednesday from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
and Friday 8 am – 12 pm
- June 9, 2021 –
June 18, 2021June 23, 2021
- Orientation: June 2, 2021 @ 10:00 am
- Payment due on 06/09/21
Ready to apply? Follow the instructions below.
- Scan or photograph your required documents:
- Your high school diploma/GED/transcript (or equivalent)
- A valid government-issued photo ID
- Read the school catalog and the appropriate SPFS document for your program. You will be required to sign the SPFS later in the enrollment process.
- Fill out the online application. Click here to begin.
- Pay the application fee (*non-refundable)
- Wait 1-3 business days for processing.
Once you have paid the fee, your application will be reviewed and you will receive an email with login credentials for our Student Portal. When you receive the email:
- Log in to the student portal at https://server18.orbund.com/einstein-freshair/index.jsp
- Fill out the info in your Account & Profile.
- TIP: If you add your signature to your Account & Profile page, you can auto-sign your enrollment form. This makes signing and initialing the e-document much easier!
- Complete, sign, and submit your enrollment form.
Enrollments may be done online, over the phone, or in person. In-person and over-the-phone enrollments are done by appointment only.
If you are applying for the Surgical Technologist program, you must complete an interview with an Admissions Officer to complete the application process. To schedule an interview, please contact our office.
*A non-refundable application fee of $250 must be paid after your complete your application. If you do not pay this fee, you will not receive a portal login or the required enrollment documents. The course fees and tuition will be charged to your account once you have submitted your enrollment forms.