Q: What programs are available?
A: As of March 2021, we have 5 programs available: CPR/BLS, Sterile Processing (SPD) Technician, Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician, Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Technician (ERT), and Surgical Technologist.
Q: How much does enrollment cost?
A: Here’s a list of our program costs (Fees + Tuition)
- CPR + Basic Life Support: $50 (alumni) or $75 (non-alumni)
- Sterile Processing Technician: $3,001.50 (Fees $601.50, Tuition $2,400)
- EKG Technician: $3,001.50 (Fees $601.50, Tuition $2,400)
- Endoscope Reprocessing Technician: $950.50 (Fees $400.50, Tuition $550)
- Surgical Technologist: $18,009 (Fees $2,009, Tuition $16,000)
- Externship (All programs except BLS & Surgical Tech): $600
- Students that enrolled in our programs before 2020 may be entitled to a discounted externship.
Q: How do I get an externship?
A: Our externship program is exclusive to Altamont Healthcare graduates that have passed their appropriate board exam. The externship fee is $600 for all programs except for the Surgical Technologist program.
Q: How much does the externship for Surgical Technologists cost?
A: The externship cost is $0 for our Surgical Technologist program. You are guaranteed placement in a hospital or treatment center when you enroll with us.
Q: Are your classes online?
A: We use a hybrid learning approach; our classes have online lectures delivered via Zoom and in-person labs. The lab component may be completed online upon approval for long-distance students.
Q: How long are the programs?
A: Here’s a list of the programs and their lengths:
- CPR/BLS: ~4 hours
- Sterile Processing and Distribution (SPD) Technician: 5-10 weeks
- Flexible Endoscope Reprocessing Technician (ERT): 1-2 weeks
- Electrocardiogram (EKG) Technician: 7-10 weeks
- Surgical Technologist: 8 months (5 months of class & ~3 months of externship)
- Externships: 240-400 hours. Duration varies depending on your availability.
Q: Will I be certified to work when I complete the program?
A: No, our programs prepare you for the CBSPD or NCCT certification exam. When you pass the certification exam, you will be certified to work as a technician or a technologist.
Q: What is included in the program?
A: We will provide you with a uniform, textbooks, a comprehensive exam review guide with practice questions, free CPR/Basic Life Support certification, and a career-advancement workshop.
Q: How do I log into the Student Portal?
A: Once your application has been accepted, you will receive your login credentials via email. If you have already received them, click here to log in to the portal.
Q: How can I enroll in a certification program?
A: You can apply by clicking here. At the end of the application, you will need to pay a registration fee of $250. When your application is approved, we will send your student portal login along with your enrollment paperwork. If you submit the application without paying a fee, you will not receive a portal login or enrollment paperwork.
Q: What happens if I fail the class?
A: You will be unable to take the CBSPD or NCCT certification exam, but you will be allowed to retake the course for free. You can retake the course as many times as you need to.
Q: Where can I take the certification exam?
A: SPD and ERT students will take the exam through the CBSPD. You can find test dates and sites on their website. EKG and Surgical Tech students will take the exam through the NCCT. Similarly, you can find test dates and sites on their website. Both our Stockton and Bakersfield locations are approved testing sites.